EGL put its mark in Cairo-West Power Plant
One more project accomplished by EGL subsidiary of KADMAR GROUP to Cairo-WEST Power Plant.
- Project Information’s
Cairo West power project is designed to include one 650 MW steam thermal power plant to interconnect with the National Unified Power System (NUPS) through a 500/220 KV GIS switchyard.
The power block is comprised of one Rankine cycle sub-critical turbine generator unit with a nominal rated capacity of 650 MW. The unit is capable of generating rated capacity using natural gas and/or heavy fuel oil (mazout). The unit arrangement includes an in-door turbine building, an out-door boiler structure, a control room, and all associated structures and facilities.
The project contracting plan utilized a multi-package system. Seventeen (17) contracting packages and purchase orders procured the equipment and services.
- Project Executions
On 10th September 2018, it been announced Egyptian Global Logistics known as EGL subsidiary of KADMAR GROUP award bidding of transport 6 heavy transformers from Alexandria/ El-Dekhila Port to Cairo-West site.
Project still on going and EGL managed to complete the transport First Transformer 60tone to site last November 2018. The transport wasn’t smooth as site located (20 km Northwest Cairo) in completely congested area and big challenges to make strong co-ordinations with all related authorities (Escort , Road and bridges, National Company for road service & Electricity company for Power lines ( high/low voltage).
Through Engineering solution’s EGL succeed to reduce and overlap obstacles and delivered Transformer on time to site.
- Transformers Dimension details
- EGL Scope and Equipment’s Allocations.
- Port Handling (Under Hook).
- Port Shift to Kadmar Bonded Storage Yard (Inside Port).
- Customs Clearance.
- Manage all Permits related to Transportations from Port to Site.
- Assign Safe and good Parking area (during Transportations) with some activities of civil work.
- Deliver Transformers from Port to site.
- Hydraulic Modular 12axles – Prime Mover 4x8
- One Low-bed Trailer.
- Five Flat-bed Trailers For Accessories.
- Total Men-Power Engaged almost 30persons.
This Equipment used for First shipments 60tone and expect to be double in Project Peak time by end of May 2019.
EGL have achieved this success without comprising on safety aspects and careful planning